Chris Farrell is economics editor for APM's Marketplace Money, a syndicated personal finance program. An award-winning journalist, he is economics correspondent for Marketplace Morning Report and author of three books, including The New Frugality: How to Consume Less, Save More and Live Better.
more from Chris Farrell
- Pay Down Debt or Save? The Spock vs. McCoy Debate
- The Retirement Topic Nobody Likes to Talk About
- Record Stock Market and Your Retirement Portfolio
- Do You Know the New Retirement Mantra?
- The Growing Danger of Penny Stocks
- Money Rules of Thumb You Need to Follow (and Ignore!)
- Long-Term Care Insurance: A Tricky Purchase Gets Trickier
- The 7 Best Books for Your Money and Career
- Entrepreneurship Is Down, but Not for Boomers
- How Risky Is Home Ownership?
- How to Avoid Outliving Your Money
- Social Security Will Be There for You
- Are Stocks Dead?
- The War Between the Generations Is Nonsense
- A Boomer Guide to Proper Insurance
- What the Global Debt Crisis Means for Your Retirement
- Why Stocks Look Safer Than Bonds Right Now
- Why Risk Tolerance Is Overrated