Chris Farrell is senior economics contributor for American Public Media's Marketplace. An award-winning journalist, he is author
of the new book, Unretirement: How Baby Boomers Are Changing the Way We Think About Work, Community, and The Good Life.
more from Chris Farrell
- The New Boomerang Workers: Rehired Retirees
- Still Working After 75 — And Loving It
- Who Says Creativity Peters Out As You Age?
- Running a Second-Act Business With Your Kid
- Why Phased Retirement May Arrive Where You Work
- Splitting Work and Fun in Retirement
- Making the Tricky Switch to Nonprofit Work
- To Find an Encore Career Job, Try a Matchmaker
- Second Career? They're on Their Third and Fourth
- When You're Bored Silly In Retirement
- How to Phase Into Retirement at Your Job
- 4 Ways to Fix the U.S. Retirement System
- Becoming a Farmer In Retirement
- How to Dip Your Toe Into the Encore Career Waters
- How to Shift From Full-Time Work to Part-Time
- 3 Essential Tips to Switch to a Second Career
- The 2 Keys to a Successful Midlife Career Transition
- Plotting Your Next Move for 'Unretirement'