Jane Gross, a retired correspondent for the New York Times and the founder of its blog The New Old Age, is the author of A Bittersweet Season: Caring for Our Aging Parents – and Ourselves (Knopf 2011, Vintage 2012).
more from Jane Gross
- What We Can Learn From the Lost and Found
- Why You Should Live Like You're Moving Tomorrow
- 85-Year-Old Graduates From College, Finds Job
- Why I Trust a Friend, Not a Relative, With My Life
- Why Some of Us Reject Marriage
- The Suburbs Are No Place to Grow Old
- The Perils of Aging Alone
- After a Superstorm, a 'Spinster' Finds Community
- The Concessions We Make Before We Age
- Will You Take the Senior Discount at the Movies?
- Models, Rock Stars and Us: Entering New Territory Together