Paul Solman is the business and economics correspondent for PBS NewsHour. He has taught at Harvard Business School, Yale University and Brandeis University and his reporting has won multiple Peabody and Emmy awards.
more from Paul Solman
- How One Woman Stumbled Into Her Encore Career
- Investing Advice for Older, Childless Adults
- How to Manage Your Parents' Money When They Can't
- How Big a Boost Do Older Workers Give the U.S. Economy?
- Are Employers Guilty of Blatant Age Discrimination?
- How to Find a Financial Adviser Who's Right for You
- Is the National Debt Harmful to Our Children?
- What I Did When My Email Was Hacked (Besides Panic)
- Investment Fees: Are You Getting Ripped Off?
- Why the U.S. Budget Isn't Like Yours
- Are You Saving Enough for Retirement — or Too Much?
- Can People With Public Pensions Count on Them?
- Have I Managed My Finances Well for a Long Retirement?
- Is It Unwise to Pay Down a Loan These Days?
- Best Ways to Invest an IRA
- Is There a Safe, Smart Investment These Days?
- Is Long-Term Care Insurance Worth Buying?
- The Biggest Retirement Mistake Boomers Make