Paul Solman is the business and economics correspondent for PBS NewsHour. He has taught at Harvard Business School, Yale University and Brandeis University and his reporting has won multiple Peabody and Emmy awards.
more from Paul Solman
- How to Find a Financial Adviser Who's Right for You
- Is the National Debt Harmful to Our Children?
- What I Did When My Email Was Hacked (Besides Panic)
- Investment Fees: Are You Getting Ripped Off?
- Why the U.S. Budget Isn't Like Yours
- Are You Saving Enough for Retirement — or Too Much?
- Can People With Public Pensions Count on Them?
- Have I Managed My Finances Well for a Long Retirement?
- Is It Unwise to Pay Down a Loan These Days?
- Best Ways to Invest an IRA
- Is There a Safe, Smart Investment These Days?
- Is Long-Term Care Insurance Worth Buying?
- The Biggest Retirement Mistake Boomers Make
- The Best Way to Pay for College
- Is Rental Real Estate the Best Way to Leverage Savings?
- How Safe Are U.S. Savings Bonds Bought Electronically?
- Does It Make Sense to Get a 30-Year Mortgage at Age 66?