Milwaukee Public Television
Milwaukee Public Television (MPTV) is pleased to present diverse programming that educates, informs, entertains and stimulates the imagination of viewers. Healthful Indian Flavors with Alamelu introduces spices and Indian cooking techniques for healthy food preparation.
The Community Conversation series features full-length presentations from MPTV’s "Next Avenue" events, designed to help adults over 50 lead more fulfilling lives including longevity, creativity, and managing stress.
Milwaukee Public Television (MPTV) is a leading non-commercial media organization, consisting of two traditional television stations, WMVS and WMVT, and seven additional digital television services. The MPTV stations and website are an excellent source for PBS and other national public television programs, in addition to a diverse schedule of award-winning local series and specials. To learn more, visit www.mptv.org
Milwaukee Public Television’s content on Next Avenue
- Raw Apple Pie and Dairy-Free Ice Cream
- Lifelong Learning Is the Fountain of Youth
- Hummus with Kalamata Olives and Tomato Chickpea Soup
- Bored with Breakfast?
- Delicious Options for Healthy Sweet Potatoes
- Rediscover Farmers Markets and Mushrooms
- Nori and Collard Green Rolls: Vegetarian and Low-Carb
- Blackeye Peas in Mango Sauce
- Reinventing Fish, Asparagus and Rice - Indian-Style
- Sass up Spinach, Stir-fry Beets, and Whip up Chicken Curry
- Egg Kulambu and Cauliflower Kootu
- Shrimp in Eggplant Sauce, Potato Masala, and Spinach Yogurt
- Garlic Chicken and Cabbage with Coconut Poriyal
- Lamb Saag, Mushroom-Onion Fry, and Seasoned Sweet Potatoes
- Shrimp Masala and Cashew Rice
- Sambhar, Curried Eggplant and Zucchini Poriyal
- Using Food Staples to Create an Indian Masterpiece
- Kohlrabi Sambhar, Lima Beans Poriyal, and Tuna Masala