SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and helping small businesses start, grow and succeed nationwide. SCORE is a resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration, and has been mentoring small business owners for more than 40 years.
SCORE is a valuable network of more than 13,000 volunteers who offer small business entrepreneurs confidential business counseling services at no charge. SCORE volunteers have the knowledge and experience to help any small business owner get the help they need. Our dedicated volunteers represent more than 270,000 years of experience across 62 industries.
SCORE also provides local workshops and events throughout the country to connect small business owners with the people and information they need to start, grow, and maintain their businesses, as well as online workshops available 24/7. SCORE provides resources, templates and tools to assist entrepreneurs in developing the plans they need to navigate their way to small business success.
SCORE’s content on Next Avenue
- Do Your Homework Before You Buy a Business
- 10 Common Misunderstandings About Obtaining a Patent
- How to Run a Business From Your Home
- Common Bookkeeping Tips for a Small Business
- How to Get the Business Loan You Want
- 5 Mistakes That Can Put You Out of Business
- How to Weather an Uncertain Business Climate
- 6 Steps to a Workable Home Office
- 3 Ways to Incorporate a Firm
- 7 Ways to Finance Your Business
- Find Places to Network Your Business
- How to Market Your Small Business
- 8 Easy Steps to Forming Your Company
- Why Is a Marketing Plan Important for a New Business?
- Find Out About the Competition for Your New Business
- 8 Ways to Make Incorporating a Company a Breeze
- Qualify for Extra Tax Breaks With a Home Business
- Tips for Business Owners to Survive Bad Economic Times