Twin Cities Public Television
Twin Cities Public Television (tpt), the originator of and driving force behind Next Avenue, produces an array of television programs for older adults, including: Life (Part 2), Getting There, Fraud Fighters, Power of Volunteerism, Home for Heroes, Renewed Lives: Innovations in Healing, Prescription Overload: Managing Meds, and Life Changing Art.
The mission of tpt is to “enrich lives and strengthen our community through the power of media.”
As one of the nation’s leading public media organizations, tpt uses television, interactive media, and community engagement to advance education, culture and citizenship. Over its 50-plus year history, tpt has been recognized for its innovation and creativity with numerous awards, including Peabody Awards and National and Regional Emmy® Awards.
Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, tpt is one of the highest-rated PBS affiliates in the nation. One of tpt’s areas of focus is serving the needs and unleashing the potential of America's aging population.
Twin Cities Public Television’s content on Next Avenue
- Living Fully: Your Partners in Hospice
- Finding A Job after Retirement
- Managing Transportation & Aging
- Long-Term Care Basics
- Retirement Financial Planning Tips
- Medicare and Health Insurance Options as You Age
- Hotdish: Pumpkin Pie Goulash Casserole
- Hotdish: Polish Noodles and Cabbage
- Hotdish: Mexican Casserole
- Hotdish: Tomato and Bacon Casserole
- Hotdish: Eggplant With Yogurt Sauce
- How to Find and Select Housing for Older Adults
- A Prescription for Better Doctors? Empathy
- Can Meditation Conquer Distraction?
- Prescription Overload: Managing Meds
- Hotdish: Turkey Pot Pie
- Hotdish: Corned Beef Casserole
- Hotdish: Wild Rice Chicken Casserole