Your Turn to Care
What happens when we suddenly become the caregivers; when it's suddenly our turn? America's generation of baby boomers now faces a challenge they were never prepared for: Taking care of ailing or aging loved ones. In this documentary series produced by KCET, host Holly Robinson Peete takes viewers on journeys into this often heart-wrenching passage of life exploring the overwhelming challenges faced by caregivers. Four, half-hour episodes focus on different families who find themselves at an important stage along the caregiving path, offering viewers solutions and hope through inspiring stories and a multitude of resources. Ms. Robinson Peete, an acclaimed actress and award-winning author, also shares her own experiences of caring for her father who had Parkinson's disease and her son who has Autism.
Viewers can also access the show's robust web site, www.yourturntocare.org, to explore a wealth of information and videos on topics including: housing, finances, wellness and dementia & Alzheimer’s as well as extended expert interviews, back stories, and resources.
Your Turn to Care is made possible by MetLife Foundation, California Community Foundation, The Lippey Family Trust, Gladyce L. Foster.
Your Turn to Care’s content on Next Avenue
- Good Self-Care: Exercise!
- How to Handle the Bereavement Process
- Survival Kit for Caregivers
- Respite: Care for the Caregiver
- Patricia Richardson: Caregiving from a Distance
- Home Safety Tour for Aging in Place
- What Does a Palliative Care Team Do?
- Forms 101: Essential Family Caregiver Documents
- Can Boomers Afford to Retire?
- Caregivers Need to Take a Break