Like most people, you have probably heard that exercise and physical activity are good for you.
Here are three tips to help you get started and keep going.
1. Include physical activity in your everyday life.
- Make it a priority. Put physical activity on your “to do” list every day.
- Make it easy and fun. Do things you enjoy, but pick up the pace a bit.
- Make it social. Ask a friend or family member to be your “exercise buddy.”
- Make it happen. Choose to be active in many places and in many ways.
2. Try all four types of exercise.
To help you get the most health benefits, choose each of the four types of exercise:
3. Plan for breaks in your routine
Vacation? Flu? Out-of-town guests? Many things can interrupt your physical activity routine, but you can start exercising again and be successful.
- Go easy on yourself. You are not alone.
- The sooner you resume some sort of activity, the easier it will be to get back into your routine.
- Think about the reasons you started exercising.
- Believe in yourself.
Try being active first thing in the morning before you get busy.
Next Avenue Editors Also Recommend:
- Exercise: Even When Cheap, It’s Still Priceless
- Find an Exercise That’s Enjoyable
- Find Your Motivation to Maintain an Exercise Program
Next Avenue brings you stories that are inspiring and change lives. We know that because we hear it from our readers every single day. One reader says,
"Every time I read a post, I feel like I'm able to take a single, clear lesson away from it, which is why I think it's so great."
Your generous donation will help us continue to bring you the information you care about. Every dollar donated allows us to remain a free and accessible public service. What story will you help make possible?