This is a plan that you can use to plan your own self-care. Feel free to print and keep it close:
- I will practice speaking to myself with kindness.
- I will work on disempowering my saboteurs.
- I will keep an “I’m worth it!” sign on my desk.
- I will meditate, walk in nature and listen to relaxing music.
- I will schedule two self-care breaks into my day.
- I will begin walking on a regular basis.
- I will drop 25 pounds by next year at this time.
- I will schedule regular check-ups with my doctor and dentist.
- I will say “No” to my mother-in-law when circumstances dictate.
- I will make time to revitalize my marriage.
- I will limit (or eliminate) the time I spend with people who drain me.
- I will clear the air with those I care about.
SELF-CARE AT WORK
- I will tell my boss I’m no longer going to work past 5:30 p.m.
- I will communicate better with my co-workers.
- I will more effectively delegate to my subordinates.
- I will talk to my supervisor about my future.
- I will attend self-help talks or workshops.
- I will block out time to go to gentle yoga several times a week.
- I will spend more time with friends who value spiritual awareness.
- I will allow myself more time in silence, solitude and prayer.
OTHER KINDS OF SELF-CARE
- I will set aside quiet time after work to decompress.
- I will play soft, soothing music every day.
- I will not take on any more school, work, neighborhood or community projects for the rest of the year.
- I will redo my “Bucket List” to reflect more of my true needs.
Next Avenue Editors Also Recommend:
Next Avenue is bringing you stories that are not only motivating and inspiring but are also changing lives. We know that because we hear it from our readers every single day. One reader says,
"Every time I read a post, I feel like I'm able to take a single, clear lesson away from it, which is why I think it's so great."
Your generous donation will help us continue to bring you the information you care about. What story will you help make possible?