This is a plan that you can use to plan your own self-care. Feel free to print and keep it close:
- I will practice speaking to myself with kindness.
- I will work on disempowering my saboteurs.
- I will keep an “I’m worth it!” sign on my desk.
- I will meditate, walk in nature and listen to relaxing music.
- I will schedule two self-care breaks into my day.
- I will begin walking on a regular basis.
- I will drop 25 pounds by next year at this time.
- I will schedule regular check-ups with my doctor and dentist.
- I will say “No” to my mother-in-law when circumstances dictate.
- I will make time to revitalize my marriage.
- I will limit (or eliminate) the time I spend with people who drain me.
- I will clear the air with those I care about.
SELF-CARE AT WORK
- I will tell my boss I’m no longer going to work past 5:30 p.m.
- I will communicate better with my co-workers.
- I will more effectively delegate to my subordinates.
- I will talk to my supervisor about my future.
- I will attend self-help talks or workshops.
- I will block out time to go to gentle yoga several times a week.
- I will spend more time with friends who value spiritual awareness.
- I will allow myself more time in silence, solitude and prayer.
OTHER KINDS OF SELF-CARE
- I will set aside quiet time after work to decompress.
- I will play soft, soothing music every day.
- I will not take on any more school, work, neighborhood or community projects for the rest of the year.
- I will redo my “Bucket List” to reflect more of my true needs.
Next Avenue Editors Also Recommend:
Next Avenue brings you stories that are inspiring and change lives. We know that because we hear it from our readers every single day. One reader says,
"Every time I read a post, I feel like I'm able to take a single, clear lesson away from it, which is why I think it's so great."
Your generous donation will help us continue to bring you the information you care about. Every dollar donated allows us to remain a free and accessible public service. What story will you help make possible?