Will you be asking the man in the red suit for a vacation somewhere warm and sunny? If so, this week I’ve tracked down three spa resorts with deals on 2013 getaways; you may want to let your significant other know about them. I’ve also got your guide to Free Shipping Day offers, plus a way to get a bargain on new clothes when you donate old ones to Goodwill.
Save at Least $100 on a 2013 Spa Vacation
If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to spend more time taking care of yourself, I can help – and save you money. These three spa resorts are offering discounts in 2013:
- The Scottsdale Plaza Resort in Scottsdale, Ariz., will give you $120 worth of spa services for $60 when you book a 2013 stay by Dec. 25. There’s no minimum number of nights required to get the 50 percent discount at this recently renovated resort.
- Two Bunch Palms Resort and Spa in Palm Springs, Calif., has a “Desert Oasis Retreat for Two” package (minimum of two nights) that knocks $40 off the nightly room rate and includes one complimentary $60 spa treatment. The offer is good for stays until Dec. 21 and from Jan. 2 to 31 at this adults-only location, listed in The 100 Best Spas in the World book.
- The Waldorf Astoria Naples in Naples, Fla., has a “Spa Rejuvenation” package that gives guests one free Golden Door Spa treatment worth up to $130 for each day of a stay through Dec. 20, 2013. When you call to make a reservation at this beachfront property, request the “Spa Rejuvenation” package or Plan Code “P1.”
Take Advantage of Free Shipping Day
On Monday, Dec. 17, websites of more than 1,100 retailers — from Barnes and Noble to Talbots and Best Buy — will waive shipping fees on everything they sell; some will throw in discounts, too. To participate in Free Shipping Day, the sites must guarantee delivery by Christmas Eve anywhere in the contiguous United States. You can find a list of the sites and their links at Freeshipping.org.
If you’re worried that your gift won’t arrive in time as promised, do what I do to be safe: Print out a copy of the item you’ve purchased from the store’s website, then send that inside a greeting card to your gift’s recipient. This way, he or she will know a present is on its way.
Donate Old Clothes, Save on New Ones
A couple of times a year, I like to clean out my closets and donate clothes I’m no longer interested in wearing. It feels good to help those in need and pick up a charitable deduction, too. From now through Dec. 11, you can do what I do and get bargains on new clothes at the same time through a partnership between Goodwill and the Bon-Ton family of department stores, which includes Bergner’s, Bon-Ton, Boston Store, Carson Pirie Scott, Elder-Beerman, Herberger’s, Parisian and Younkers. Here’s how:
Bring clothes you’d like to donate to one of these retailers. For each item, you’ll get a 20 percent-off coupon that can be applied to anything in the store. Donate 10 pieces, get 10 discounts.
The coupons, like the offer, expire Dec. 11.
Next Avenue Editors Also Recommend:
- Lowdown on Scams, Schemes and Swindles Targeting You
- Strategies to Help Handle Debt
- Holiday Gifts From Second-Act Entrepreneurs
Next Avenue is bringing you stories that are not only motivating and inspiring but are also changing lives. We know that because we hear it from our readers every single day. One reader says,
"Every time I read a post, I feel like I'm able to take a single, clear lesson away from it, which is why I think it's so great."
Your generous donation will help us continue to bring you the information you care about. What story will you help make possible?