Information We May Gather On Our Websites
You may turn off cookies that have been placed on your computer by following the instructions on your browser, but if you block our cookies, it may be more difficult (and maybe even impossible) to use some website services.
Next Avenue uses Google Analytics, Google Universal Analytics and our web servers to gather information about the users of our website. Our web servers and analytics tools will create log files which contain some or all of the following information:
- The Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) of the computer accessing our website
- The date, time, location, and length of each visit from each IP Address
- Certain technical information such as browser being used
- The path taken through our website and actions taken throughout a session
- Clicks to links on our site that lead to other sites
- A record of files downloaded and/or the amount of time spent viewing any video or audio files
- Any errors encountered
- Other metrics provided by services such as: Google Analytics and Google Universal Analytics
DoubleClick and AdSense will collect and report some or all of the following per advertising unit:
- Geo-location of impressions and clicks
- Certain technical information such as the browser being used
- Other metrics provided by services such as DoubleClick and AdSense
If you want to opt-out of Google services, please view this site for more information.
Information You Give Us
We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis. However, in order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide personally identifiable information. For example, this could be in connection with such things as:
- Requests from you which require our direct response
- Subscription registration for sites or services which require subscription (such as email newsletters, though services like MailChimp)
- Contest registration
- Purchases of merchandise
- Gathering your comments and feedback
- Content submissions and suggestions
- Participation in community postings, bulletin boards or “chat rooms”
- Participation in surveys
Credit Card Information
Your credit card information is considered completely confidential. We seek full compliance with the Data Security Standard as prescribed by the Payment Card Industry when credit card information is provided by phone or mail correspondence. All online transactions take place only on secure servers, and electronic communication of credit card information is sent only in a secured or encrypted format. You must be 18 years of age to engage in money-related transactions on TPT’s website and when utilizing a credit card to make a contribution.
Partnership with Other PBS Stations and Next Avenue Affiliates
Next Avenue works in cooperation with PBS stations in communities across America and other organizations that provide information to visitors to Next Avenue that is relevant to a user’s local community. When you register on our site, or sign-up to receive an E-Newsletter or other products or services where you voluntarily give us personal information such as your name, email address, etc., we will share that information with your local PBS station and/or affiliate so that they may communicate with you about other services and information you may be interested in. Because these organizations are non-profit organizations, they may also ask you to support the good work they do in your community.
You Should Also Know
Next Avenue supports the Consumer Reports WebWatch guidelines to promote credible information practices on the Web. (Click here for more information on Consumer Reports WebWatch.)
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 may entitle you to receive additional information from us regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your right to opt-out of such disclosure. Please direct all such requests to us at the email and/or regular mail address provided below under Contact Us. If you do not want your name and contact information to be shared with any company or organization, you may notify us at any time by writing to us at the email and/or regular mail addresses designated below.
This policy was last updated on May 12, 2015.
If you have questions regarding this policy, please send an email to email@example.com or send mail to Next Avenue, Twin Cities Public Television, 172 E. 4th St., St. Paul, MN 55101.