Family Fun Can Keep You in Shape and in Touch
Spend time with your spouse, children or grandchildren while staying in shape
Being physically active with your family is a great way to stay healthy and make exercise fun.
Whether you play team sports with the entire family or take brisk walks with your spouse, children or grandchildren, you’ll be rewarded with improved health and time spent together.
Family gatherings are the perfect time for team sports and outdoor activities.
- Choose teams for softball, basketball or kickball.
- Sign up for family tournaments to play tennis, bowling or volleyball.
- Go biking, fishing or hiking at a nearby park.
- If you live near water, try sailing, canoeing or rafting.
Family members can make great exercise buddies.
- Take yoga or water aerobics classes.
- Ping pong is fun for a twosome.
- Our pets are family! Brisk walks with a canine buddy are healthy for both of you.
Build a healthy lifestyle that includes your grandchildren.
- Push them on swings (after walking to the playground).
- Play catch.
- Jump rope together.
- Build a fort indoors or out.
Family gatherings are often built around meals. Keep family meals healthy during special occasions with fresh vegetables, lean meats, and low-fat or fat-free cheeses and dressings.