When we published our “Which Bob Dylan Album Are You?” quiz back in May on the eve of the singer-songwriter’s 75th birthday, we heard some complaints that it was too hard.
Of course, no one said becoming a Dylanologist would be easy. Still, we felt we should give readers another shot at the glory of mastering our quiz — this time after you’ve had a chance to brush up on your Dylan knowledge.
With the surprising announcement yesterday that Dylan had been awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature, the news cycle of the past 24 hours has basically been a crash course on all things Robert Allen Zimmerman (Dylan’s original name).
Now that it’s fresh in your mind, we’d like to challenge you to once again take our quiz. And if you still need to brush up, check out our “study guide” below culled from yesterday’s news. It may not improve your score — the quiz really is hard — but at least you won’t be blowing in the wind.
Bob Dylan Cheat Sheet
- Start with this overview: Bob Dylan Awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature (The New York Times), which calls Dylan “the poet laureate of the rock era.”
- Refer to this list of essential songs: “25 Dylan songs you should hear” (Star Tribune)
- Research his lyrics: Classic lyrics of Nobel literature laureate Bob Dylan (Reuters)
- Go to the Twitter feed: The Bob Dylan news stream, where you’ll find a “Bob Dylan in a minute” video and all sorts of fun fodder for those with short attention spans.
- Check out this slideshow: “Minnesota celebrates Bob Dylan winning Nobel, the top prize in literature” (Star Tribune), which isn’t as meaty as the story below it, but, man, so many cool pictures about the Hibbing, Minn. native.
Next Avenue brings you stories that are inspiring and change lives. We know that because we hear it from our readers every single day. One reader says,
"Every time I read a post, I feel like I'm able to take a single, clear lesson away from it, which is why I think it's so great."
Your generous donation will help us continue to bring you the information you care about. What story will you help make possible?