This recipe is a selection from TPT Cooks: Hotdishes & Casseroles, the companion cookbook to the program TPT Cooks: Hotdish!, which aired on Twin Cities Public Television.
TPT held an open call for recipes for its first cookbook, spotlighting home-cooking, specifically hot dishes and casseroles. The response was terrific, and TPT collected dozens of recipes from viewers for the cookbook celebrating every Minnesotan's traditional meal, the hot dish.
Corned Beef Casserole
Submitted by Maureen Fischer
1 (8 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
1 cup shredded Cheddar or American cheese
1 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, cut into pieces
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup dried bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir in cheese, milk, onion, pepper, corned beef and chicken soup. Spoon mixture into 2-quart greased casserole.
- Mix bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake about 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serves 6-8.
Next Avenue Editors Also Recommend:
- Hotdish: Turkey Pot Pie
- Hotdish: Mexican Casserole
- Hotdish: Modified Mama Rose’s Rigatoni
- Hotdish: Pumpkin Pie Goulash Casserole
Next Avenue is bringing you stories that are not only motivating and inspiring but are also changing lives. We know that because we hear it from our readers every single day. One reader says,
"Every time I read a post, I feel like I'm able to take a single, clear lesson away from it, which is why I think it's so great."
Your generous donation will help us continue to bring you the information you care about. What story will you help make possible?