This recipe is a selection from TPT Cooks: Hotdishes & Casseroles, the companion cookbook to the program TPT Cooks: Hotdish!, which aired on Twin Cities Public Television.
TPT held an open call for recipes for its first cookbook, spotlighting home-cooking, specifically hot dishes and casseroles. The response was terrific, and TPT collected dozens of recipes from viewers for the cookbook celebrating every Minnesotan's traditional meal, the Hot Dish.
Pumpkin Pie Goulash Casserole
Submitted by Alice Seuffert, St. Paul, Minn.
1 (1 pound) box uncooked elbow macaroni
1 tablespoon oil
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups pumpkin pie mix
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Cook pasta for 7 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In large stockpot, heat oil. Add turkey, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Cook until turkey is no longer pink. Add pumpkin pie mix and milk. Stir in cooked macaroni.
- In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and butter; set aside.
- Spoon goulash mixture into a 13×9-inch pan or into 2 muffin trays with cupcake liners. Bake for 10 minutes. Top with pumpkin seeds.
Next Avenue Editors Also Recommend:
- Hotdish: Corned Beef Casserole
- Hotdish: Polish Noodles and Cabbage
- Hotdish: Tomato and Bacon Casserole
- Hotdish: Eggplant With Yogurt Sauce
Next Avenue brings you stories that are inspiring and change lives. We know that because we hear it from our readers every single day. One reader says,
"Every time I read a post, I feel like I'm able to take a single, clear lesson away from it, which is why I think it's so great."
Your generous donation will help us continue to bring you the information you care about. Every dollar donated allows us to remain a free and accessible public service. What story will you help make possible?